- This policy is effective from 10/10/2016 and replaces an earlier version of this document.
- This policy is one of a set of documents that together define the Security Policy.
- This individual document must be considered in conjunction with all the policy
documents in the set.
By registering as a user you declare that you have read, understood and will abide by
the following conditions of use:
- You shall only use the resources/services to perform work, or transmit or store
data consistent with the stated goals, policies and conditions of use as defined
by the body or bodies granting you access.
- You shall provide appropriate acknowledgement of support or citation for your
use of the resources/services provided as required by the body or bodies
granting you access.
- You shall not use the resources/services for any purpose that is unlawful and
not (attempt to) breach or circumvent any administrative or security controls.
- You shall respect intellectual property and confidentiality agreements.
- You shall protect your access credentials (e.g. private keys or passwords).
- You shall keep all your registered information correct and up to date.
- You shall immediately report any known or suspected security breach or misuse of
the resources/services or access credentials to the specified incident reporting
locations and to the relevant credential issuing authorities.
- You use the resources/services at your own risk. There is no guarantee that the
resources/services will be available at any time or that their integrity or
confidentiality will be preserved or that they will suit any purpose.
- You agree that logged information, including personal data provided by you for
registration purposes, may be used for administrative, operational, accounting,
monitoring and security purposes. You agree that this logged information may be
disclosed to other authorised participants via secured mechanisms, only for the
same purposes and only as far as necessary to provide the services.
- You agree that the body or bodies granting you access and resource/service
providers are entitled to regulate, suspend or terminate your access without
prior notice and without compensation, within their domain of authority, and you
shall immediately comply with their instructions.
- You are liable for the consequences of your violation of any of these conditions
of use, which may include but are not limited to the reporting of your violation
to your home institute and, if the activities are thought to be illegal, to
appropriate law enforcement agencies.